Friday, April 14, 2017

Owl Never Forget You

Hey everyone!


This is my (technically) last blog post describing my research at Liberty Wildlife! This happens to fit very well with the fact that I apparently won Blog of the Week, so thanks to everyone who helped make this project and blog appear successful to everyone else (just kidding, you guys are all amazing)!

So, what do I have prepared for you today? Truthfully, not much (I know, what a great way to finish my blogging era). I spent a lot of this week working on my PowerPoint, which you guys can't see as it does not accurately represent the amazingness of my project, and planning my final product (another hint: I'm going to be building things). Tuesday really was just playing around with PowerPoint things, but Wednesday we got 30 animals brought in, so I was the busiest I've ever been. Why was it the busiest? Well, it's Spring, so 'tis the season when baby birds fall out of their nests and people bring them to us, including baby sparrows, grackles, starlings, doves, and the occasional cactus wren. Sorry, I don't have pictures because I was so busy, but I promise next week to take a bunch to put in the Final Post tab. Thursday was basically me frantically working to fix my PowerPoint (because you know, I tend to procrastinate sometimes), but once I have my final draft ready to go, I'll put a link of the presentation on this blog, so feel free to check it out once you're free.

Some of you could be asking, what now? I'd want to say, not really sure, I can't predict the future, but in a much more real sense, I'd say that now I have to work on my presentation skills (yay formal public speaking) and finish my final product. Additionally, since I'm going to continue volunteering at Liberty Wildlife, I can continue to collect any data that'll help with me with my analysis.

Now, for my last superstar animal of the week, the capybara!!!


Here's a capybara with a scarlet ibis.
I chose to put this one on the poll because I was able to personally work with one at the zoo, and also I was running out of ideas.
Anyway, capybaras are semi-aquatic mammals, and live much of their life next to a source of water.

1) They have webbed feet, and can stay underwater for up to 5 minutes.
2) They are also the largest rodent in the world.
Because Easter is this Sunday, 3) Since their meat can be consumed during lent, capybaras are eaten more before Easter.


Thanks so much for following my blog, guys! I'm sorry if my research was less spectacular than what you were expecting, but I tried?

Here's your complimentary life hack that you can do if you really want to:

If you ever have a lunch thief, secure your lunch with a padlock! 

Good luck to all your future endeavors, and have a nice life!

I was waiting so long to use this gif!


11 comments:

  1. Hey Korina! Amazing post, even though there weren't the usual animal pictures :D How much longer will you be volunteering? Can't wait to see the final presentation (and product)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Korina! Great work on the project! It seems like you really enjoyed it so that's awesome. I just have one quick question. Are there any specific experiences that are your favorite, or are they all awesome? Anyways, good luck on you presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi korina. Great job on your blog. Obviously you have been doing a great job as evident from winning blog of the week. I have thouroughly enjoyed reading your posts and seeing al of the wonderful work you have been doing at liberty wildlife and hope you continue with it for a while because it seems like you really enjoy it. Thank you so much for keeping us all updated and good luck on your final presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Korina! I found it really interesting that the capybara is the largest rodent in the world. I immensely enjoyed your blog posts; I think you did a great job. Your style of writing is really entertaining. Good luck on your presentation, I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Korina! Congrats on winning Blog of the Week! You deserve it after all the hard work you have been putting into this project. I hope the research you have pursued has brought an wonderful experience and it was a fascinating journey, even for readers like us! Good luck on your Presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Korina! First of all, congrats on winning Blog of the Week! I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see your final post! Good luck on the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Korina! I can't believe its the end of your blog (technically). Time flew by so quickly. I'm sure you'll do great during your presentation. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Korina! I loved your blog posts, especially the pictures of all the animals you got to interact with at Liberty Wildlife. I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Liberty Wildlife and good luck with your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Korina! Your project is awesome. It was a great journey following this blog and I wish for the best for your presentation

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Korina! Another great post! It was so much fun reading about your experience with the different animals! Good luck with the final product and your final presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Korina! Good luck with your presentation!

    ReplyDelete